How to make dosa – popular dish in South India
Dosa is a very popular dish in South India. It is generally served with Sambhar and Coconut Chutney .
- 1 Cup White Lentils (Urad Dal)
- 3 cups Parboiled Rice
- – Soak the the urad dal and rice separately for at least 6 – 7 Hrs.
– Grind the urad dal with minimal water in a mixer to make a smooth paste and rice into a coarse paste.
– Mix the two and let it ferment for about 6 – 7 hrs.
– Add salt and mix it well.
– Grind the batter into a fine smooth paste.
– Heat a pan before frying the dosa and once its hot bring it off the flame.
– Spread the batter on the pan using a spoon in a circular motion.
– Put it back on the flame and cook it on high flame.
– After the batter dries out a little brush some oil on it.
– Cook evenly and the dosa is ready to be served.